Physical exercises can improve the muscle tone of the arms, but they do not always solve the problem of localized fat, much less excess skin in this region. Lipodystrophy and flaccidity of the arms affect self-esteem and generate discomfort. People with these alterations can feel embarrassed when wearing dug clothes or even the simple act of saying goodbye, moving the arm. In these cases arms reshaping surgery in Kanpur can help you.
Plastic surgery of the arms (arm dermolipectomy, brachial lift, brachioplasty in Kanpur) aims to reshape the arms, leaving them more toned and with smoother contours.
However, it is always important to evaluate the cost-effectiveness of this surgery, as the patient will be exchanging sagging for scars in visible and apparent regions.
Arm lift surgery in Kanpur is part of post-weight loss surgeries and can be associated with other procedures, such as: plastic surgery of the abdomen (abdominoplasty), reduction and lifting of the breasts (reduction mammoplasty or mastopexy) and plastic surgery of the thighs (crural dermolipectomy).
Types of Arm Lift Surgeries in Kanpur
According to the degree of involvement of the arms, different procedures for arms reshaping surgery in Kanpur are proposed, with scars of variable sizes, which increase proportionally to the degree of flaccidity:
- Liposuction (without skin resection): indicated for young patients, with small accumulation of fat and absence or small flaccidity of the skin. The scars are imperceptible (0.5 cm each), only for the introduction of the liposuction cannula, in the crease of each elbow, and there may be another in each armpit.
- Axillary brachioplasty: indicated for patients with excess skin and fat near the armpits. The scars are horizontal and are hidden in the axillary folds.
- Conventional brachioplasty: indicated for patients who are older or who have suffered great weight loss (example: after bariatric surgery), with a lot of excess skin and flaccidity in the arms. The scars are vertical along the inner side of the arms and horizontal in the armpits (forming a “T” or an “L”), extending from the armpits to the elbows, with or without extensions to the sides of the chest.
After the evaluation of a Plastic Surgeon in Kanpur you will make sure that this is your best option. In addition, the consultation will detail the surgery time, type of anesthesia, hospitalization time, how the recovery will be, what are the possible complications of this surgery and how long you will see the definitive result.
- Bilateral marking of the area to be resected on the arms.
- Antisepsis + anesthesia.
- Removal of excess skin and fat from the arms, with or without associated liposuction (the types and sizes of the incisions depend on the amount and location of excess skin, however, the incisions, although visible, are positioned in discreet places – armpits and/or inner arms).
- Review of bleeding areas.
- Remodeling of the subcutaneous tissue + closure of operative wounds.
- Dressing + compression mesh.
If there is only a need for fat reduction, without skin resection, the indicated surgery is liposuction.
Recovery after arm lift surgery in Kanpur is usually fast, requiring relative rest and 14 days away from work. It is important to wear compression garments on the arms for at least 30 days. During the same period, you should avoid: driving, physical exercise or sudden and wide movements with the arms (measures that prevent the opening or enlargement of operative wounds). Purples and bumps are temporary and tend to go away gradually. Pain is rare. Sunbathing on scars is not allowed for at least 6 months.
Risks of Arm Lift Surgery in Kanpur
Postoperative complications are rare. Among them we can mention: unfavorable scars (dark, enlarged or raised scars), bleeding (hematoma), accumulation of fluid (seroma), infection, opening of the surgical wound (suture dehiscence), tissue suffering (necrosis), asymmetry, sagging residual pain, permanent pain or numbness, persistent edema, lesions of noble structures (nerves, blood vessels or muscles), etc.
A definitive result of arms reshaping surgery in Kanpur can be considered after 6 months to 1 year, but the improvement in the contour of the arms is already visible early on. The scars are located in the armpits and/or on the inside of the arms, hidden and discreet places with the arms at rest, next to the body. In any case, they are visible with the arms in motion.
Generally, scars become thin and white over time, however, their final appearance cannot be predicted. The durability of the result depends on weight maintenance, skin quality and hereditary characteristics. A partial loss of firmness acquired in the arms with aging is normal.